What child sees vs What you see

What the child see
What you see

-----------------------
The two simplest form of observations

But parents often do the next step, i.e. inferring, not just observing

What you think the child see

Judgment
Assumptions

e.g. my child never sleep in the pram - really?
my child need constant bouncing to sleep - really?

Sometimes what you think, is what you are

That is a huge mental trap for parents

I have to remind myself times and times again

Sometimes it is best for me to keep my opinions to my child to myself
Because as soon as I try to vocalise it, I 'establish' it - set it in

Often I do NOT want to make up my mind about things
I want to keep it open
I keep that level of 'non-judgement' observation for as long as I could
That way its giving the child enough room to manouver

I don't know if this is the right way, but thats what I am thinking so far


No comments:

Post a Comment