The Hard Truth

 The hard truth about me


Milestone and journeys


QLD Health

Renee - social worker - April 2022 to April 2023 


CYMHS

Colin - Nov 2021 to Jan 2022

Meredith - Feb 2022 to Apr 2022

Emma - May 2022 to Dec 2022

Clare - Jan 2023 to now 


PCL 

Katey - Aug 2021 to Dec 2021

Michelle - Dec 2021 to now 


Big breakdown - against Emma - Oct 2022   (Remi 14 months old)  

Fractured Foot - May 2022 to July 2022  (7 months to 9 months old) 

Remi breakdown in baby car seat Strathpine lollipop -  Aug 2022 (10 months old)

Baby Car Seat - Change from rear facing to front facing - Mar 2023  (19 months old) 

Stopped breastfeeding - Apr 2023  (20 months old) 

Remi start childcare - Feb 2023 (18 months old)  - tried playdates in Dec 2022 (16 mo) - did not work

Gonggong coming often 3-4 days a week - May 2022 until Feb 2023

--------------

The anxiety was around

Remi don't want to be in pram

Remi don't want to be in car  any longer than 5 minutes 

-----------

The pressing question was 

How to deal with 2 kids?  Remi is a newborn and is still ok, but what happen as she is more aware and fight for my attention? 

Aug 2021 to Dec 2022 - was my gruelling think in advance panic 'in-tunnel' experience 

I was hoping for a magic wand, but there is no magic wand. 

-------------

The ultimate answer was

You can do it and you got it within you

Focusing on how you yourself can be well is the most important thing 

YOU HAVE TIME to find the answers, sign up to those likeminded moms and they often have the scripts in how to deal with it 

Manage my anxiety, my breathing, my body, listening to my body 

----------------

Through the tumble and rumble of being in a tunnel washing machine (like in wet and wild) lots of panic attacks, crying and tears, I have gone from

- being absolutely petrified when with 2 kids 

- to 'willing to try' to spend time with 2 kids

---------------

Being absolutely petrified when with 2 kids -  used to count by the minute  when Jack comes home.  I was with Remi  (remi no childcare) and   Alexis was in childcare 5 days a week since Remi was born. Alexis was in daycare  from 8:20am (dropped by Jack) to 5pm (picked up by me) and it used to be very nervewrecking.  Battling the mental exhaustion with Remi (not getting her sleeping or eating right) and myself (alot of unwell, panic feeling) and in that bad cycle. 

From the time I broke my foot, Remi won't deal with cars (May 2022 to Sep 2022) was particularly anxious period for me, and a lot of sickness too. I was isolated due to my broken foot, but also trapped as I can't go anywhere. I was in bad cycle with Remi's tiredness and food too. (Remi was 7 months to 13 months old) 

My dad, social worker, and child psychologist as well counsellor has been my rescues during this  dark period.

I remember feeling exhausted and panicky all the time. 

Coming from 5:15pm to 5:45pm when Jack arrives (30-40 minutes) was hard. 

I wanted to do better. I wanted to be less petrified. I just don't know how. 

I know by the time Dec 2022 finishes, Alexis will finish by 3pm so I have to learn how to deal with that. By the time both teachers left in Dec 2022, Alexis hates daycare and from mid-Jan 2023 I was willing to have Alexis and Remi home by myself (with Alexis occassionally going to daycare) 

The rescue was neighbour. Mainly dominic. His warmth, excitement and welcoming makes Alexis feeling less lost. It was a great introduction to St Flannans too. 


Phase adjustments and transitions

  • From breastfeeding to bottles
  • From home to daycare
  • From daycare to school
  • From school to school holiday

How to be mentally strong
Mentally prepared
need a lot of help by people
same goes with work 
which i need to have a good think about 

1. Stay-at-home path or Working path - narrowing my world, dont want to be like my mom
2. Need to solidify reason to stay at work - so I don't give up at first instance
3. Know that will be a tunnel experience again
4. Counsellor every 3 days?
5. Know my parameter
  • 1 to 2 days a week
  • Work from home option
  • Also has part time mothers
  • Supportive environment

Boss who can draw the line because I cannot draw that line myself 
How to create that boundary

No comments:

Post a Comment