The realisation of baby crying & emerging confidence for me to navigate this tricky situation

The realisation of baby crying / self-soothe, it starts to make sense, and my own confidence/instinct to handle this tricky situation starts to emerge

--------

Before I was just blindly following the mantra - meet your baby's needs, provide her comfort and happy as much as you can. As a newborn, I think its great

Now I understand more. And plus baby is 15 months. Who knows when the "cut-off" ""ready-age" is but by now she can understand more too.   It is very noticeable between 14-15 months that she has had a massive leaps in terms of what she can understand. It is hard to explain but as the mother, "I know" more than anyone else.

Now I can identify the three type of cries. It is definitely important to let the baby self-soothe, as in cry it out as a way to release tension. But if its done the wrong way, I still believe it can be damaging to the child too.  Alexis goes into angry mode.

Then there is talks about my own boundary.  If you are in the middle of drinking a cup, finish that cup before going upstairs and attend to your crying baby. Slowly your baby knows that other people have their needs too.

Can they distinct between people? yes of course.

Regarding what jillian said,  in terms of your own boundary, you will know.  That is the part where there is shark music from your past etc, and then your attempt to get 'sympathy' from other people by putting down yourself so so much. i really don't need to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment